Jordan will be racing again this year for Clif Bar Development Cross Team out of Boulder, CO. The team is managed by Ben Turner and Mitch Hoke.
Since your cyclocross age is one year older than your actual age, Jordan is now 17, and is in his first year of eligibility to race Cyclocross Worlds.
The selection criteria for the worlds team requires travel to major events, in both the US and Europe, which are UCI sanctioned. At these events, high placings earn UCI points, which determine your national and world ranking. These UCI rankings are used by USA Cycling coaches to select riders for the European World Cups and Cross Worlds Team.
Below are the Major events Jordan is targeting this season:
- Fort Collins, CO USGP, October 8-9
- Cincinnati, OH UCI, November 5-6
- Louisville, KY USGP, November 12-13
- Jingle Cross, IA, November 25-27
- Bend, OR USGP, December 10-11
- Euro Cross Camp Belgium, December 16- January 1
- US National Championships Madison, WI, January 4-8
- Cyclocross Worlds Belgium, January 25-29
To help fund Jordan's quest, he will be selling t-shirts, and holding a fundraiser this fall. The t-shirt design is shown below. Ordering details coming soon.